This position is fully remote/working from home. We are accepting candidates from anywhere in the UK.
Salary: Flexible DOE
The Company and Role
We have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join the Marisa Peer group of companies as the business continues to grow and develop.
We’re a remote team based across the world. It is a dynamic time in the company’s history, as we are growing at a fast rate and this is your chance to join a team of intelligent, high achieving, and ambitious people.
We are looking for a qualified Legal & Compliance Manager to add value to our business, to establish and maintain a critical legal and compliance function. You will be providing advice on legal matters and handling companies legal responsibilities, as well as liaising with legal counsel when/if required. You will also build a framework for compliance risk management success, safeguarding the companies registration via risk register, relevant policies/processes, crisis management and annual compliance checks to inform the senior management team of potential risks to the business. The successful candidate will be able to ensure compliance and limit risk exposure. Experience of working in an SME is highly desirable.
As a learning provider who works predominantly online, we are looking for somebody with the ability to draw on strategic and operational expertise in the area of risk management, legal and compliance.
- Manage compliance matters around all regulatory and legal requirements and ensuring policies and processes reflect this
- Guide the business on where any policies or processes need updating to reflect new regulations or improved compliance practice internally
- Be proactive in seeking and identifying any scenarios which may present any significant risk to the business
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior management, internal departments, as well as other cross-functional stakeholders globally
- Provide legal support in relation to various corporate matters, including company support, corporate governance, policies, IP protection and breaches, GDPR/data protection and other matters, including but not limited to working with external counsel as required
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of corporate and commercial documents and agreements, including software licensing agreements, professional services agreements, consulting agreements, partnership agreements, data processing addendums, policies and engagements with financial institutions
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on legal matters, and collaborate between multiple departments to achieve execution
- Stay up to date with applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact the company and share such learnings with relevant senior management
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Providing valued and value-for-money advice and guidance to the business and management of compliance issues, including contract revisions, insurance provisions and review of new and proposed products and services against permissions and authorisations
- Investigate legal and liability concerns relating to the student body including escalated matters concerning such as debt, complaints and business reputation
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- BSc degree in Law or equivalent
- Proven experience in a similar role (ideally internationally)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
- Positive, constructive approach to assurance testing with emphasis on delivering good customer outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively and effectively.
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner” whilst remaining meticulous
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity, focussing on empowering change and inspiring others to positively impact compliance and standards
To learn more, please visit us at https://www.marisapeer.com
As winners of Stevie Awards including Entrepreneur of the Year, Health and Pharmaceuticals Service, Woman of the Year, and The Lifetime Achievement Award, this is your opportunity to work for a global training and development company that touches the lives of millions of people each year, inspiring them to live their best life possible.
Background on Marisa Peer
Marisa Peer is an internationally award-winning, qualified hypnotherapist with advanced certificates in hypnotherapy from the Hypnotism Training Institute of Los Angeles. Marisa has completed additional studies in hypno-healing, advanced hypnotherapy, medical hypnotherapy, and Gestalt analysis.
Having undertaken further studies at the Proudfoot School of Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy and the Atkinson Ball College of Hypnotherapy, Marisa has dedicated the last three decades to researching, testing, and applying the most beneficial principles of hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, NLP, CBT, and neuroscience.
The result of over 30 years of careful and rigorous study, Marisa’s unique Rapid Transformational Therapy®️ (RTT®️) has helped tens of thousands of people worldwide to overcome their own personal challenges and lead happier, more fulfilling lives.